Pressing Reset 5 times
The 5-reset to browse has now been replaced by OTA mode ( to force Bixi to OTA upgrade mode in case of issues).
We will soon write a post on how to use Bixi for Desktops and use the browse features on phones/tablets.
Meanwhile, if you wish to use it, it is available on Android Bixi App.
1. In Bixi Settings -> Enable 'Browse mode' -> Bixi will restart with a different name "BIXI_BROWSE"
2. Go to Android Bluetooth Setting -> Unpair old Bixi (Bixi_XXXX or Bixi_browse if its name is already changed)
3. From Bixi App, scan and connect to 'BIXI_BROWSE'. Left profile is for Browsing & Right profile is for Music.
4. To get back to Normal mode, go to Bixi Settings -> Disable 'Browse mode' -> Bixi will restart as normal Bixi.
5. Repeat step 2 above
6. In android bluetooth settings, Click scan and connect to Bixi_XXXX. The android app will then auto-connect.
If not, then scan from android app for a new bixi and connect back to Bixi_XXXX.
Note: in "BIXI_BROWSE" mode, on some Android phones, the on-screen keyboard may not appear.
To use "BIXI_BROWSE" on your PC/Mac , after Step 2 above, simply scan from PC/Mac bluetooth for Bixi and connect to it.
Let us know if this is working well at your end.