Pairing works fine, but the Bixi isn't working fine. In short, I don't know enough about the states / modes / preconditions to be able to make sense of what I'm seeing. Without that it seems non-deterministic.
* In Android's BT settings, the "Input Device" profile appears. Today, it will not respond when I try to "check" it on. Yesterday, it did sometimes say "Connecting" when I tried to turn it on, but it turned off again soon after. Does the input profile have to be "on" for Bixi to work? If so, is there a known cause for this behaviour? Are there pre-conditions that need to be met (e.g. in the Bixi app) for this?
* There is no green bar at the bottom of the choose profiles screen, as shown in the Quick Guide, so there is no "Sync" option. I guess this is because of the first issue, but maybe they are both symptoms of something else? Does the Sync option only appear when conditions are correct for Syncing, or is its absence due to some other issue?
* The My Bixi's screen shows 2 Bixi photo images, the one I have and an + icon to add a new one. Sometimes, touching the photo image brings up the config screen with its photo image. Sometimes, touching the photo image brings up the config screen with the blue spinning line drawing image. Sometimes, touching the photo image does nothing. It's not clear what the conditions for each behaviour are.
* When the blue line drawing is spinning, it prompts to connect to the Bixi it (already?) knows about. But, then it starts spinning again and does not stop until I leave the screen after waiting at least 5 minutes.
* Periodically, the Bixi itself shows a down arrow without being triggered by a gesture. Is this related to the above? Is it possible to tell from the Bixi if it is connected properly or not?
* It's not clear if a long-press "remove" action is useful in this, or if the Android "unpair" is sufficient, or if the "forget" menu option is different from these two, or if they all have to be done to clear everything out and start fresh. And, that affects only the app, not the Bixi hardware itself... so what is a trustworthy reset process?
I have gone through the reset, forget, re-pair actions many times to try to find the happy path, but no luck so far.
Some further questions:
* What does it mean when the Bixi icon (black dot) appears and disappears from the phone's status bar? Is that normal, or does it mean that the BT connection is being lost and regained?
* When the app advises to "ensure" that the Bixi is "also connected" via the phone's BT, is that a diagnostic clue -- is the message only displayed when the app detects that there is something wrong with the BT connection, or could the connection be fine and the app displays the message anyway?
You have asked multiple Qs :-). Thanks for taking time to give a detailed feedback. Regarding your Qs ->
1. If bixi has no battery, then it won't connect although the app may show the paired bixi in scan. It is because the bixi is paired at system level, it shows up in App, but won't connect.
2. SYNC button won't show if bixi is not actually connected to App
3. On 'my bixis' if you click on the bixi you are connected to, it should bring its home screen and show the 2 profiles. Are you not able to see it?
4. Bixi showing an arrow by itself it strange.. Maybe you see a 'Checkmark/ tick' symbol.. it is a feedback when you set something on bixi via App.
5. To remove a Bixi, you have to remove it from the App and from Android system. We will soon make an App update to tell this explicitly to users.
6. If the bixi icon is visible on notification bar, then it means it is connected to bixi. If not, it is not connected.
7. The message to 'ensure connection' is only for information sake as we noticed that some people forget to connect it via android system and some end up accidentally disconnecting bixi from android bluetooth system.